Here are some quick fix garden tips to help you sell your home:
- De-clutter. Remove any unnecessary items from your garden, such as old furniture, toys, or tools. This will make your garden look more spacious and inviting.
- Weed and mow. Weeds can make your garden look unkempt and uninviting. Take some time to weed your garden thoroughly. Mow frequently as this is a great quick fix to keep your garden looking good.
- Water. If your garden is looking dry, give it a good watering. This will help your plants look healthy and green.
- Mulch. Mulch helps to suppress weeds and retain moisture, which can help your plants look their best.
- Add some colour. Flowers can add a pop of color to your garden and make it more attractive to potential buyers. Consider planting some annuals or perennials that will bloom during the summer months. Hanging baskets are great for smaller properties and flats, to dress up the appearance. We recommend Wednesday weekly market at Dorchester to buy seasonal plants and baskets.
- Create a focal point. A focal point can help to draw the eye to your garden and make it more visually appealing. Consider adding a statue, a birdbath, or even a water feature.
- Make it inviting. Add some seating or a walkway to make your garden more inviting and comfortable for potential buyers to walk through.
- Front door appeal. The first impression of the entrance is important. A clean, well decorated door with attractive door furniture creates the right impression. Plant pots either side are great way to improve this, as well as hanging baskets.
By following these tips, you can quickly and easily improve the look of your garden and make it more appealing to potential buyers.
Here are some additional tips to help you sell your home with a great garden:
- Highlight your garden’s features. When potential buyers come to see your home, be sure to point out the features of your garden that you are most proud of. This could include a beautiful flower bed, a well-maintained lawn, or a peaceful sitting area.
- Keep your garden clean and tidy. Even if you don’t have time to do any major landscaping projects, you can still make a big difference by keeping your garden clean and tidy. This means picking up any rubbish, mowing the lawn, and trimming the hedges.
- Plant some seasonal flowers. Planting some seasonal flowers can add a splash of colour and life to your garden. This is especially important if you are selling your home during the summer months. Local markets are currently selling some great bargains and ready made baskets. Check out Dorchester weekly Wednesday market for some excellent deals.
- Get some quotes from landscapers. If you are serious about selling your home, you may want to consider getting some quotes from landscapers. They can help you make your garden look its best and increase the chances of selling your home quickly.