So you are thinking of making some changes to your property and wondering which home improvements can have the most impact on the value.
According to a recent survey by Anglian Home Improvements, the following changes or improvements can increase the value the most, however, when asked what home improvements they think add the most value to a property, only 2% of people asked said that creating open-plan living space would give the biggest boost to value.
- Creating open-plan living space: adds an average of £46,504
- Loft conversion: adds an average of £24,255
- Extension: adds an average of £6,456
- New kitchen: adds an average of £3,509
- Conservatory: adds an average of £3,155
So what do we THINK has the biggest impact on value?
According to the survey, this is what the British Public think has the biggest boost to value
- Extension: 27%
- New kitchen: 25%
- Loft conversion: 15%
- New windows: 8%
- New front door: 7%